The new appearance of the hotel Carlton in Bratislava allows us to guess and to anticipate, that its re-opening will come soon. Finally the renewed exterior considerably lived up the historic centre of our capital city. It is necessary to point out the fact, that Carlton did not change its original appearance, its outside facade maintained its origin respecting the wish of the restorers. Strong changes have been made in the interior of the hotel, which was rebuilt completely.
As we have already mentioned in SME, the purpose of the building will be not solely restricted to its hotel function. It will also serve for commercial activi-ties and as an office building. Completely new first class administration centre with 12,000 m2 of office area and with an separate entrance from Mostová street will come into existence. The administration part consists of two main parts. Furthermore shopping area mainly in the ground floor, cafes and restaurants will be located in the hotel. A part of the project is also the basement parking zone on the Hviezdoslav square.
We cannot forget of the hotel‘s use for conference purposes. More about this topic we learnt from the interview with John Monhardt from Radisson SAS, that will be in charge of the hotel and the conference centre.
1. What will hotel Carlton be able to offer in the industry of congressional and conference tourism?
The Radisson SAS Carlton Hotel will offer 4 meeting rooms of which the largest can accommodate more than 200 guests. The facilities will be equipped with the latest AV equipment including video, DVD, CD, and LCD.
2. Would you make us a little bit familiar with the number of rooms and the capacity of the hotel?
The hotel will offer 168 rooms designed in either the Classical Carlton style or a Contemporary including Business Class rooms and suites. All guestrooms will have TV, radio, telephone, safe, trouser press, hairdryer and individually controlled air conditioning. There will be no-smoking and low-allergy rooms, as well as rooms especially equipped for disabled guests.
3. You realise a reconstruction of an old building. Will this new modern building correspond with the latest trends being necessary for the congress tourism activities? What are the most important aspects you take into the consideration?
The hotel has two restaurants and one bar. The all day Brasserie with 85 seats will serve lunch and dinner. The Carlton Hall will serve as the conference and breakfast restaurant. The bar will be located in the Mirror Hall, which is restored to its original grandeur and will be a place to unwind with friends and colleagues.
The hotel will further offer a souvenir shop and a health club.
4. The guarantee of an well - accepted congress place is also the integration within an international hotel chain. Is it also a case of Carlton?
Radisson SAS Carlton Hotel is one of the latest additions to Radisson SAS Hotels & Resorts, which consist of 128 hotels in 38 countries throughout Europe, Middle East, Asia and South Africa. Radisson Hotels & Resorts Worldwide and its parent company Carlsson Hospitality Worldwide includes 653 hotels and resorts representing 120.691 rooms in 53 countries plus 5 luxury cruise ships sailing world-wide.
5. Apart from the new space and rooms in the hotel, what else is Carlton offering to its guests?
In summary the hotel will be able to offer national and international guests the highest modern comfort in a classical milieu. The Carlton tradition will be reborn with the trademarks of an international hotel chain serving frequent travellers throughout the world.
6. There are already some exhisting congress capacities in Bratislava. Isn‘t it a disadvantage for Carlton, to offer its space and rooms at this moment? Or do you think that there is a lack of congress and conference capacities in Bratislava?
At present moment the hotel congress capacity of Bratislava is limited in the larger room sizes, and the Ballroom in Radisson SAS Carlton Hotel will be an important addition to the supply.
7. You have gathered many experiences from abroad, is Bratislava the right place for such customers and for congress and conference tourism?
Bratislava is with its access to two international airports (Bratislava and Vienna) in a unique position to serve national and international conferences and conventions. As the integration with Europe progresses we expect that Bratislava will gain in international attention and the demand for international conferences and incentives will follow.