SARAJEVO (Reuters) - NATO-led peacekeeping troops prevented a crowd of angry Croats marching to the house of a Croat war crimes suspect who had been seized by Dutch peacekeepers in the Bosnian village of Ahmici earlier on Thursday, aReuters photographer at the scene said. A larger group of Croats staged a furious demonstration in the centre of the adjoining town of Vitez, bringing traffic to a halt. Earlier Bosnian radio broadcast a statement from SFOR, the NATO-led Stabilisation Force, urging Croats to stay calm after the arrest of Anto Furundzija and Vlatko Kupreskic, both charged with war crimes by the international tribunal on former Yugoslavia in The Hague. It said the charges included "torture, rape, murder, and deliberate attacks against civilians" and that they would receive a fair trial. "We appeal to you to remain calm and disregard any false information or calls for violence," it added. There were also SFOR troops at the home of Kupreskic, who was injured when he opened fire to resist arrest and underwent emergency surgery. He is accused, with other members of the Bosnian Croat HVO militia including two of his own brothers, of a spree of killings of unarmed Moslems in Ahmici and other settlements near Vitez in April 1993 in which at least 103 Moslems including 33 women and children died.